Friday, September 20, 2019

DENTAL DIVERSION

Another tooth kicked the bucket today, the dentist's bucket. This leaves me seven wonky ones of my own and one more pretender to be added but not before next week because, you know, these things take time.

The current landscape of my inner mouth looks like Stonehenge with larger gaps, less symmetry and no ancient myths. I will embarass myself by taking a selfie but use your imagination (if it's not otherwise employed at the moment) to get the full inside picture.

Have just consumed half a tub of coffee ice cream in memory of the choppers I've lost over the years. Good riddance you badly designed bastards.

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

LOL but RIP.

Roderick Robinson said...

Seven didn't sound to be enough but I take it you were only counting the bottom layer. In one of the Just William books I recalled William had difficulty counting his own teeth (had erroneously reached thirty when he was interrupted) and I wondered just how hard it was. Easy, peasy; in less than a minute I could confirm sixteen teeth, one of them half real, half artificial. Which looks about the same as your lot in total.

Orthdontics is improving slowly in the UK although we've a long way to go before we all sport the line of white tombstones middle-class Americans regard as the norm. I'm lucky in one sense because I prefer chewy meat to sweet cakes; black coffee with nothing. I also had (have) a vested interest in retaining my choppers; decades ago I played the trumpet, now I sing and would hate to eject dentures while projecting An die Musik, 'twould quite undermine the sentiments:

a sweet, celestial chord
has revealed to me a heaven of happier times


Sounds better in German

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Bruce, har to LOL at the moment but soon I'll get back to it .

Eobbie,I just checked again and there are 3 on top and 7 on the bottom that's 10 in total of my own home-gtown teeth. The rest are removable fakes. I don't have sufficient funds or bone for implants so I'm hanging on to those few remainers for dear life.

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Invisalign Milton Keynes