Saturday, July 08, 2023

ASHES TO OCEAN

This morning my niece Selene Guerrieri with her husband GianLuca Martinelli and their two children, Mariam and Emanuel, will be sprinkling my sister Annie's ashes over a small part of the Atlantic ocean. This was Annie's wish, expressed many times to Selene, who has gone to infinite trouble to find the perfect spot for this ceremony in honour of her mother. It is on the coast of Brittany, in the Morbihan area near Nantes.
I cannot be there in the flesh but my spirit is with them. It's still difficult for me to believe that my sister really left this world on the 15th of October last year. I am convinced that her indomitable spirit is capable of persuading any cosmic Authority that her aller-retour ticket to earth is valid for all eternity. But perhaps she has chosen to stay wherever her restless non-material self now resides.

No comments: