Wednesday, February 15, 2023

NEW STORY ABOUT OLD STORY

I 've posted here before about the astonishing resurrection of an anti-war story for children I wrote in 1952, wonderfully illustrated by a friend, Italian artist Gian Berto Vanni. The project lay dormant all this time but suddenly, last year, I got a message from his son Ruggero Vanni (also a talented artist) telling me that Gian Berto had died some years ago but my story and his drawings for it had come to the attention of a children's book publisher in Rome who wanted to talk to me about publishing the book. The deal was done. I translated the story into Italian and with Ruggero's help we put the book together.

We signed a contract with the publisher, Orecchio Acerbo, and behold!! PER CASO (Accidentally) is now out and gorgeous! Hardback, printed on beautiful heavy paper on which the words and Vanni's striking black line drawings dance and sing.The book measures 7 x 10 inches (17.5 x 25cms).One of Vanni's drawings from the book currently heads their website and Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/orecchio.editore/

Orecchio Acerbo's motto is: Books for children which don't damage adults/ books for adults which don't damage children.

I don't yet know if foreign rights have been arranged but copies of the Italian edition are now available to order from the publisher.

No comments: