Thursday, June 23, 2022

Society of Designer Craftsmen Exhibition, Bankside Gallery

Meeting some of the wonderful makers at the opening of Transformations the Society of Designer Craftsmen exhibition at the Bankside Gallery on Tuesday 14th June then again the next day, I didn't have time to take more photos but the work of about 100 very diverse and talented makers is there for everyone to enjoy until the 26th of June, 11 am to 6pm daily. Almost next door to Tate Modern, the Bankside Gallery is easy to find and, if you happen to have access to Thames Link that's a comfortable and scenic way to get there.

The bookwork I was asked to exhibit is Seuphor à Natalie. Displaying the pages in a glass case so the embossed relief could be seen was challenging to say the least but Dan Maier (SDC maker and Trustee) came up with brilliantly improvised solutions. I want to thank and loudly applaud all of the SDC people for their efficiency, enthusiasm, kindness and friendship and, as well as all of that, their individual creativity. Bravo and thank you very much! You've made me an Honorary Fellow but the honour is all mine, if you see what I mean. The last three photos I took were at Blackfriars Thames Link Station on my way home. The figures looked like a sculptural installation.

No comments: