Friday, December 24, 2021

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE

The thing about loneliness.....I'll start again because I was drifting into generalities. I don't like generalities because the obvious fact is that whoever writes something or says something is a person, a specific person. Anything we say is personal, a personal viewpoint or feeling or theory or observation. No matter how impersonal, abstract, objective, clever, informed we can make it sound, there is always a "me" behind it. Always. Even if you're parroting an opinion you have heard elsewhere, the parrot is you. That's my personal opinion. As I was saying, the thing about loneliness...I mean my loneliness...,is that it's never about wanting company. It's more like an un-healed wound. A hidden wound which hurts once in a while, not often.

That's all I really wanted to say and the only reason I'm saying it on this public platform is because there's no specific person to say it to.

Goodnight, bonne nuit, buenas noches, buona notte, boa noite, etc.

2 comments:

Vincent said...

Hi Natalie
I've been without a working computer for months, which has generated a kind of loneliness too - a separation from sharing one's most treasured creations from online friends. And in many cases, a loss of their email addresses and years of correspondence too, such as between you and me (which I recovered with difficulty, till that computer was irrecoverably broken).

So it's wonderful to see your familiar paintings once again, and to read your always fascinating words.

As for what's lost, I let it go, and feel liberated! Precious memories are those which stay with us.


Our creative works are another matter. I could no longer see my blog or update it, but took comfort in knowing it is still available online to anyone.

Joyous to be back with you, dear Natalie. We could discuss ways of keeping in contact ...

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Dear Vincent, I've only seen this today, sorry for delay in responding. As I rarely get any comments here I don't look in very often. As you know, I duplicate-post on Facebook regularly and do get feedback there.

Yes of course we should keep in contact. There's always email, and if you and Karleen would like to make the trip to my place, you'd be welcome to come for tea (or whatever) on any mutually convenient day. Let me know if that's possible?