Saturday, September 19, 2020

A PARAGUAY CONNECTION

When I posted the Paraguay parts of my fragmented autobio there was a sudden and welcome influx of Paraguayan visitors to my facebok page and some have since become my long-distance friends, One of them is José Luis De Tone, a photographer, critic and journalist who lives in Aregua, a beautiful small town outside of Asunciòn. Browsing his facebook page, I was struck by a photo José Luis took several years ago of himself with a college friend, Elizabeth. I commented on it, saying that it would make a very interesting painting. Well, what do you know, I've done it. Below is a photo of it taken yesterday. The actual colours of the painting are not so dark but my camera never gets colour right. Maybe I need a better camera. José Luis De Tone with Eli. NdA 2020. Acrylic, watercolour and coloured pencils on handmade cotton rag paper. 30 x 40 cms (12 x 16 inches).

1 comment:

Vincent said...

Lovely glowing colours, I've not seen anything likr this before in the images you've displayed. Your crerativity doesn't stand still!