Monday, April 06, 2020

SIX THINGS TO NOTICE

When I wake up in the morning-two things often happen simultaneously:
1. My right hand is assailed by pins and needles.
2. My brain spews out ideas like a fax machine.

Those two things may not be related but when they subside I sometimes write and/or draw the ideas. Below is what emerged three mornings ago.The new word OLDERLY was among the ideas and you may use it if you qualify - that is if you’re old but in the prime of life, despite the pinning and needling.






4 comments:

Vincent said...

Olé!! You've lost none of your comic brilliance. I'm envious of your youth & energy.

"Olderly" in the prime of life, I feel that too. But it's a patchwork quilt. The energy comes in discontinuous spurts. The inspiration fades like a cut flower before I'm able to exploit it in terms of display. Like cutting tulips from the garden, and their petals falling off before there's time to put them in a vase.

All that's left is joy. Which is everything.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Vincent, I'm glad to hear that your joy is undiminished. Even if energy and inspiration only appear in spurts, you can fill those spurts with joy. Very best of health and joy to you and Karleen.

Roderick Robinson said...

I'm old but not in the prime of life. Not physically, intellectually nor aesthetically. Certain undesirable characteristics are developing: vituperation, spite, languour, tendentiousness and, as you can see, multisyllablism.

Things fall down because Jahweh likes to hear me curse. Gravity will be the death of me. Time's wingèd chariot torments me. Teeth prevent my mouth from purse-stringing. As to talkers, consider singers. I find myself by looking down and observing my mock pregnancy,

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Now there's an admirably grouchy - or should that be self-lacerating response.

I trust you realise, Robbie, that my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I drew the above cartoon strip?