Saturday, January 23, 2016

LATE START

It's been a very slow start to the New Year and now I'm at the tail end of a nasty bout of flu that has knocked the stuffing out of me, left-over stuffing from the too-long holiday period. But never mind, what's more boring than the boring subject of flu etc?

There wasn't anything I wanted to blog about, hence the absence of blog posts. Now I want to get back in here before I'm totally forgotten by the cyber world. Imagine not existing AT ALL on the internet! The horror! A fate worse than real death. I'm joking of course.

Just to fill this blank space I've pulled out from the virtual filing cabinet something to entertain anyone who is still here. The image is new (drawn digitally with the ArtRage software) but the poem is 2007.




9 comments:

Jean said...

I reminded Dave about this, Natalie, when we were at the poetry reading just the other day - love it!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Jean. I've altered it a bit because I gave the poet a red shirt in my drawing then noticed that he was wearing blue denim in the original version of the poem. A case of Word giving in to Image!

Catalyst said...

I like the drawing and the poem. Or is it Poe-m.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Bruce. Yes it's a po

em

about po

etry

Beth said...

I remember it well, Natalie! So sorry to hear you've been suffering from the flu, but glad you're on the mend and back here in cyberspace. xo

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Beth, somehow your comments arrive in doubles, which is really nice, even though some technical bug is no doubt responsible. As for my bug, unfortunately it still refuses to let go of me and whether I attack or ignore it doesn't seem to have any effect. Will try harder.

Lucy said...

Fancies himself doesn't he?!

Sorry about the lurgy, there seem to be such things about, perhaps with the mild winter. Get well soon, and trouble not about the perils of internet non-existence!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks, Lucy. I had intended to write a post expanding/expounding on your excellent post about 'Stuff' but what I wanted to say has vanished in the fog that currently fills the cavity normally used for brain-stuff. So I cheated and dug out this old poem instead. Yes, I do worry (a bit) about non-existence, internettish or otherwise. Don't we all?