Sunday, April 22, 2012

WRONG TIME FOR TECH PROBLEMS


Update: 12:30 am, April 23 -   Success! It took the whole of Sunday up to this early hour of Monday but I've done it - solved the Photoshop disappearance mystery. Don't ask the details. Unless you're an uber-geek (like me) you don't want to know. But below is the more manageable-sized image, via the restored Photoshop CS2. Bravo moi!

Suddenly today my Photoshop CS2 stopped working after about six years of pretty good service. Yesterday it worked, today it just quits immediately on launch. I've tried everything, including re-installing, but so far nothing works. This is disastrous because I need to be able to edit images, re-size them for uploading. sharpen etc. and refuse to buy the latest version of Photoshop, nor do I want to upgrade my Mac which still works happily on OSX 10.4.11. 

I just wanted to upload a picture of this new double page of the accordion book but the original (which sits in iPhoto) is huge. I was able to export it to InDesign and scale it down a bit from there but can't make any other adjustments. This can't go on! And suddenly all the photos below this one have gone pale and faded-looking...why??? Does anyone have solutions to all this? 

By the way, if you're wondering what these two new panels mean, stop wondering. I'm not going to provide the story behind all the images in this book since this is strictly a visual, not a verbal autobiography. You can interpret them any way you wish and whether your story corresponds to mine or not is irrelevant. 



MORE

No comments: