Tuesday, March 13, 2007

VERY GOOD PLUS SLIGHTLY BAD NEWS OF THE DAY

Let's get the bad-ish out of the way first.

I am not on the Blooker Prize short list announced yesterday. The GivingAnOrderToTheUniverse technique is humbug bullshit and malarkey even though I did the visualisation and everything. I was so sure that The God Interviews would be on the short list that my acceptance speech was all ready, thanking everyone in the known and unknown universes. Am I dejected? No. Merely discomfited. What "comfited" means I do not know but in French confiture is jam, so what it means to me is that there is no jam on my bread. However I have the bread (not the money but the talent) so who cares? I'm even wishing good luck to those who are on the short list. That's the kind of magnanimously cool character I am.

And now for the good.

(MORE at the usual Blaugustine)

No comments: