Sunday, February 18, 2018

ANGEL DISGUISED AS PAPER DOLL EXPLAINING THE ARTIST'S WORK

Angel Disguised As Paper Doll Explaining The Artist's Work is probably nearly arguably almost finished. Size: 51 x 41 x 9 cms (20 x 16.5 x 3.5 inches)

I can't seem to get a decent photo of it in any light. The colours are wrong, you can't see that the figure on the right is the same as the painting hanging behind her, you can't read the title written on the frame and so on.

My camera is an old ordinary Canon Power Shot and I think it's exhausted. Will try again when I can say that this boxwork is definitely finished. It's been over a year since I started it....oops,I've just checked ... I actually began building the box in September 2016! Here's the blog post about it.

How it began, 16 September 2016

1 comment:

Vincent said...

I think it's an excellent thing that you cannot make a photo of it that captures how it looks in the flesh, so to speak.

If a photo could do this there would be no point in the boxwork as unique work of art. Some people would be satisfied with a print!

I do think that with the provisos you express in your post this photo does tantalise, for it offers a taster of the allure I'd expect to emanate from the real thing.

Even as it stands, I'd want to go and see it in a gallery; knowing I could not afford to buy it myself.