Sunday, October 15, 2017

JOWLS revisited

Do you make yourself laugh? If not why not? I do, quite often. 

This video is one example.

I beg your indulgence. I know it needs more editing but I've just posted it on Youtube and kind of hope it goes viral because it might encourage me to pursue silliness seriously.


All comments are welcome, critical ones too. Am not fishing for compliments, only honest responses. I had fun making this video, totally improvised, no script. I showed it to a few people back then in '97 and now it's on Facebook and Youtube but I really have no idea whether people "get" my kind of humour or whether it bores them etc.. It's quite possible that I'm the only one who finds this video hilarious and that's okay but it would be nice to get feedback.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I read that Steinbeck said of the "Grapes of Wrath" there were five layers in the book. There were so many layers in your "mug shots" that I am still hic-cupping from laughing so much! Chopstick tourniquet and the English patient =the mad hatter. Too funny, or Brideshead revisited.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Leah, it's really good to know you laughed-hicupped through JOWLS. I like to hear how people react to it because otherwise it seems like I'm almost the only one who finds it hilarious. Laughing at one's self is not a very popular activity.

Unknown said...

To me, it's enlightening!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Does it inspire you to do a video of yourself?

Unknown said...

Heavens, no. I do, however, love to see what film makers produce. I view your video as yet another canvas in which you self-express. Each of us, I believe, carry a type of "Kamer" and "mirus" within our own grey matter, and, therefore, those that can smile and laugh at their own folly, irony, and paradox are most often joyous, yet empathic types, and I find that enlightening.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Leah, Thanks for your response.
I wonder why you say "Heavens no" as if it were unthinkable? A DIY video is easy peasy with current digital technology. All you need is a computer - they all have built-in cameras - or a phone with the same facility. If you then want to edit there are plenty of free editing programs. Just saying. You may not want to p[ursue this path but if you want it, it's there.

Unknown said...

Thanks for info. I haven't completely crossed the bridge into the internet nation yet. although I know where the yellow brick road is. :). Take care!