Thursday, February 20, 2014

FOOTNOTE


I should have explained: that 2008 video was my attempt at comic self-analysis, a kind of psychodrama-lite. If it left you bored or annoyed, this might be because it was boring and annoying. But if I add a footnote, at least what I was on about will be clearer.


The four characters I amateurishly act - Chico (Spanish), Samyra (Egyptian), Madame la Gueule (French) and Happy Hank (American) - are aspects of my personality that I felt needed making fun of, in the interests of improving my Know Thyself credentials and giving my ego a bit of a kick up the proverbial ass. Humour is very important to me, I believe in humour. Sometimes it can take you straight to an AHA moment of discovery, by-passing many long and arduous other roads. That's how it works for me but I'm willing to make a fool of myself in the process. 


I heartily recommend this process and suggest you try it at home. Just for fun, or in case you are a puzzle to yourself or to any of your nearest and dearest. Dress up in the appropriate gear, put appropriate make-up on, turn the video camera on and act....act yourself, but in your various guises/disguises. You might be amazed at what you uncover.

You're not going to do it? I thought not. But does my video make sense now?





5 comments:

Franklin Bruce Taylor said...

I thought it was very inventive.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Thanks Bruce - It would be nice to be able to re-mould one's self, like clay, wouldn't it?

Lucy said...

It's all in the scarves, I reckon.

Tom said...

I just luuurved the beard. Better than the one I used to grow. Did you use any particular fertiliser. "Growmore" used to work for me. :)

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Lucy, yes. I have a shelf full of scarves I loved at first sight, but I end up wearing only one or two of them over and over.

Tom, a greasy eyebrow pencil grows an instant beard but a Growmore one would no doubt have lasted longer. I loved being bearded.