Saturday, November 19, 2016

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

Fantasy isn't politics (well, this could be argued) so I'm allowed to break my resolution for a minute.


In case people ouside the UK don't know what this is about, the government has just awarded the Queen a 66% pay rise to fund a £369m ten-year refurbishment of Buckingham palace, in a time of austerity (for everyone except the wealthy) and of drastic cuts to the NHS, education, libraries and other essential public services.

 I couldn't resist a What-If fantasy.

P.S. It seems to have provoked a discussion on Facebook. Anyone interested can see it here.

4 comments:

Tom said...

Please don't expect me to comment on the royalty! I have enough to get irritated about.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Tom, "no comment" is comment enough in this case!

Hattie said...

Grrrrr!

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Hattie, yep!