Saturday, January 30, 2010

BEING TAVIREAN

So far, I've done a lot of walking, taken quite a few photos, done a few sketches and started one small painting. Something strange is going on inside me which is difficult to put into words. Let's just say that I'm trying to forget all that I know about art, about painting, about drawing - all those artist-voices past and present telling me what to do or not do. I want to shut them all up and just try to find out what it is that I'm interested in: is it light? Is it colour? Is it solid shapes? Is it faces? Is it space? Or none of those? I'd like to see like that dog sees.

The bottom photo is of the work table in my room at Casa 5.


5 comments:

Dale said...

:-) ah. *really* traveling

leslee said...

Just catching up here. So glad you're settling in after that miserable odyssey getting there. Sweet dog photo and beautiful light. Looking forward to see what you find.

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Dale, really really! Getting more real as the days go by.

Leslee, the light is indded one of the most striking things about Tavira. Wondering how to translate it without losing it...I'm lost in translation?

20th Century Woman said...

What a wonderful, tidy work table.

Why not let yourself paint picturesque paintings? I am quite sure they wouldn't look like anyone else's picturesque paintings.

I love the dog on cobblestones.

Rain Trueax said...

Great photos. I am happy to hear how you are doing and your artistic inspirations. I am even more happy that your new blog updates on my blog list :)