Tuesday, December 04, 2007

ANYONE FOR ART?

ATTENTION: BOYS AT WORK 

Last Thursday and Friday I was back again at the school where I've taught printmaking workshops for the past couple of Novembers and once again I marvelled at the boys' inventiveness and responsiveness. This time I took photos of some of their work which you can see here . Printmaking is always exciting and absorbing and there are invariably some amazing surprises, no matter how long you've been doing it. Another surprise was seeing in the reception hall a poster reproducing one of my self-portraits and advertising my presence at the school - cor blimey, am I famous? Are we there yet? I've asked for a copy of the poster, needless to say. 

A PLAN IS BREWING: ANYONE FOR ART? 

I've been thinking for a while about setting up an online studio/workshop to teach collagraph printmaking and other processes (such as making an artist's book) where the use of a press is not essential. This seems a good time to start planning it. People would need to sign up for a course and I'd have to charge a (reasonable) fee. I'd describe and illustrate procedures step by step, give assignments, suggest projects and materials and for those who are on this continent, we might organise occasional meetings.
What do y'all think - would anyone be interested? If so, raise your hand and I'll go on from there.


MUCH MORE

No comments: