Sunday, January 14, 2007

AM I BORING YOU? NO? GOOD, THEN I'LL CONTINUE

Go see the preview of the Foreword, and of Chapter 6 on my God Interviews page where formerly all the strips were posted but are now gone since they can be found in the printed book .

Go see the preview of the Foreword, and of Chapter 6 on my God Interviews page where formerly all the strips were posted but are now gone gone gone since they can be found found found in the book book book.

I'm at risk of boring everybody if I keep on about this book's emergence into the real world but that's the risk you take if you choose the self-publishing path. You become a bore because you have to keep mentioning your product. Is anything more boring than someone trying to sell you something? I feel that I have to apologise therefore I'll never become a good salesperson. Okay, so I apologise for being about to give you more information than you probably want.

1. Complain, strongly, if you have trouble ordering The God Interviews from Lulu. Friends told me they kept having their perfectly valid credit card details rejected by Lulu with an error message until, exasperated, they gave up. The same thing happened to me and I complained and it was eventually sorted but still seems to be happening. Maybe this only applies to orders from outside the US? Whatever, it's unacceptable.

2. Pricing: I still want to apologise to those for whom £14.88 ($27 or  Euros 21.74) is too high a price. It may or may not help to know that my revenue on that is only £2.50 (Lulu takes the cost of printing, £11.75 per book, plus 20%).

3. Distribution via Amazon and other booksellers, online and otherwise: I'm looking into various options. Lulu only offers a distribution service if you publish from the US. I'm in the UK so that's that.

4. Publicity: Yes! I'm counting on you - nay, I'm abjectly begging you to mention the book on your sites, tell everyone about it, suggest people/places I could contact. You know it's good so why not flaunt it? I'm hugely grateful to those of you who have already begun to do this.

Enough sales pitch for today. Back to talking of other things soon. �

No comments: